About the Programme:
People in Need delivers assistance in complex environments in Ethiopia, DRC, Zambia, Angola and Mali, addressing the needs of IDPs and host communities in several sectors such as food security, education and WASH. PIN is well-established organization with over 17 years’ experience in the region implementing large scale programs both directly and in partnerships or consortia. Along with Country offices, Pin maintains field offices in all contexts. PIN chooses to work in the more remote, and harder to reach areas and communities and is a key partner of ECHO, BHA, DFID and other major donors in the region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide timely, accurate and balanced analysis and advice
- Develop and maintain excellent understanding of national and regional developments in the political and socio-economic context. Highlight relevant trends or events to HQ and Country Management Staff.
- Provide advice to the Regional Directors and Country Directors on the (potential) impact of these trends on operations and programming and make sure relevant contingency plans are in place
- Assist country programs with analysis when considering any strategic changes in programming which present complex environments, such as moves to new areas of operation or significant changes in project modalities.
Developing and reviewing safety and security documentation
- Ensure the completion of required safety and security documentation, including i.e. context analysis, risk assessments, security management plans, access procedures and crisis management plans
- Help to formulate, implement and review SOPs and contingency plans in coordination with other key staff
- Carry out Security Audits to ensure adherence to regional and global PIN requirements.
- Review implementation of key security and access policies
- Provide training and support to staff on how to monitor, analyse and present trends effectively manner
- Provide continuous capacity development for colleagues involved at various level in security management
- Monitor staff training and ensure new and existing staff meet organizational training requirements in the area of safety and security.
- Work with respective staff to address any gaps highlighted in security audits
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders – including other NGO safety and security focal points and those organizations providing relevant data and analysis.
- Participate in relevant safety and security coordination meetings at a country or regional level.
- Liaising with external training providers
- Liaising internally on budgeting for security/access
Other duties as required
- Provide incidents follow up as per authority given by management
- Assisting in crisis response where required
- Provide advisories and design procedures related to Health and Safety components
Part of Country Management Team. Works closely with:
- Country Directors
- Area/Deputy/Programme Directors
- Communications and Advocacy staff
- Finance staff (with regard to budgeting for safety/security related matters)
- Logistics staff (for movements)
- Hub-based security managers and access officers
Education and Experience:
- A Masters’ degree in international relations/politics/development/similar and/or significant professional experience of contextual and political analysis
- Experience of living and working in Africa and/or in complex security environments elsewhere
- Experience working in a coordination role preferably in a large organization
- **Previous security management or NGO-based experience is highly beneficial but not a disqualification
- An excellent understanding of the application of humanitarian principles of neutrality and impartiality in complex environments.
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). GIS/mapping skills a plus
- An independent thinker able to identify key trends with a fresh perspective
- Excellent written and spoken English and French.
- Calm and professional nature
- Clear verbal communication
- Desire to work in the MENA region
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship building skills
- Strong identification with humanitarian principles
People in Need offers:
- Working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian organization;
- Salary and benefits according to PIN salary scale and HR policies, expected starting salary amount to 3,800 EUR (per diems included);
- 25 days of paid leave annually;
- Travel benefits in the form of two regional flight tickets per year;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Accommodation allowance.
- Free medical helpdesk
How to apply
Are you interested in this position? Great! Send us your CV and short cover letter in English via this link. https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/4A31ADA136/apply/ Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).