The UNDP Climate & Forests Programme is recruiting a Regional Technical Specialist for Asia-Pacific, to be based in Bangkok. The role will be to provide technical advice to governments on how to address deforestation and thus contribute to an ambitious climate change agenda, with notable attention to social inclusion and environmental integrity. The Regional Specialist will be part of a dynamic UNDP team that supports an innovative portfolio of advisory services, projects and partnerships on the climate-forest nexus, from enhancing the forest sector of NDCs to helping countries and jurisdictions access carbon markets under the Paris Agreement.
- Provide high-quality technical and policy advisory services to national and sub-national counterparts on Climate & Forest related matters;
- Provide implementation support to UNDP Country Offices and national counterparts for the Climate and Forests portfolio;
- Contribute to UNDP’s efforts to raise Nature-Based ambitions in countries’ Nationally Determined Contributions;
- Develop, formulate and review programs and initiatives, with the associated resource mobilization when needed;
- Share Climate and Forests knowledge and communicate results.
- Provide high-quality technical and policy advisory services to national and sub-national counterparts on Climate and Forests matters
- Stay abreast of global and regional developments related to climate and forests and share knowledge within UNDP and with relevant partners;
- Contribute to efforts to position the Climate and Forests team as leaders on REDD+ Results Based-Payments and other innovative financing for the implementation of Article 5 of the Paris Agreement;
- Provide high-quality technical advice to UNDP Country Offices, development partners, national counterparts and sub-national partners;
- Ensure coordination with other related initiatives and mechanisms in the region;
- Advise the Principal Technical Advisor of trends and issues in the countries served and provide any additional assistance requested.