About Habesha Project
Habesha Project is a humanitarian civil society initiative that was established in 2015 as a response to the greatest displacement crisis of our time; that caused by the armed conflict in Syria.
Since that time, Habesha Project’s objective has been to make it possible for young Syrians whose studies were interrupted by the conflict to continue their university education in Mexico. To do that, we created a comprehensive model through which we select at-risk young Syrians, obtain a visa for them, validate their academic qualifications, finance theirtravel to Mexico, and cover their accomodation and living costs during their studies inthe country. Also, thanks to our network of partner universities located across Mexico,our students study for their bachelor’s or master’s degrees on full scholarships.
After years of gaining experience and refining our model, Habesha Project saw the need to look beyond the Syrian crisis, and begin tackling the displacement crisis taking place globally by offering higher education opportunities to young refugees from around the world.
Mission of the position:
The reporting officer will be responsible in supporting the areas of direction, coordinatios and project development, especifically in writing narrative reports, informative documents and additional analytics reports to donors, universities and stakeholders of the organization. Additionally, it will support in administrative tasks of the mentioned positions which can incluide such as agendas and support in events organization
Position specifics: Full time (09:00 – 18:00) In the city of Aguascalientes, Mexico and with availability to travel.
One year of professional experience. University Projects, internships and volunteer jobs will be considered as experience.
• Undergraduate degree, International Relations, Political Analysis, or social science.
• Master’s degree in social science desirable.
• Spanish as a native language or, in the case of being a non-native speaker, excellent oral and
writing skills in Spanish.
• Command of English, proven with an appropriate certification (TOEFL IBT Score 100, PBT Score
500, Cambridge First Certificate, etc.).
• Arabic desirable.
Required computer skills:
• Excellent command of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Powerpoint, and Google Drive
- Drafting Monthly Narrative Reports
- Drafting informative documents for social media purposes
- Powerpoint presentation for different auidiences
- Analytic reports based in results presented by projects
- Review and edit additionall documents drafted by other areas of the organization
- Draft minutes of various meetings
- Create agendas and events schedules of the organization
- Support in administrative tasks of the mentioned areas.
Performance evaluations: **• Weekly evaluations of success in meeting the stated objectives.
Skills required: • Effective communication skills, including listening skills • Presentable appearance • Cultural sensitivity • Excellent ability in objective analysis • Excellent writing skills
How to apply
To apply, please share the next documents:
- Cover Letter
- Recommendation Letter
To the next direction: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: It is a non-paid internship. Benefits such as accomodation and symbolic stipend of $1,000.00 will be granted in case of selection.