Currently recruiting for start date: 5 April 2021 (flexible)
Commitment: Three to Six months.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities of an Intern at AAPP:
- Assist in the drafting of AAPP’s daily briefing in relation to the coup (a report documenting and analyzing political prisoner developments in Burma)
- Grammer checking translated documents
- Editing political prisoner profiles
- Researching and drafting articles for publication
- Editing Burmese-English language translations from Burmese news sources
- Cross-referencing sources for accuracy
- Compiling and finalizing statistics in cooperation with AAPP staff members
- Independent research overseen by Research and Program Officer. Research topic delegated based on intern interests which align with AAPP’s work
- Various administrative tasks.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Interest in Burma and Burmese politics
- Tenacity for research
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong editing skills
- Ability to work independently and under your own initiative
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Minimum commitment of five days a week for at least three months.
- 3,500 Thai Baht living stipend per month for the duration of the intern’s stay
- A bicycle
How to apply
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter (no more than two pages) to [email protected] no later than 27 March. Please be sure to include your estimated start date and length of intended stay.
**Due to the number of applications, if you have not been contacted by 29 March, please assume your application has been unsuccessful