The Department of External Relations and Partnerships is responsible for the planning, coordination, and implementation of IDLO’s external relations agenda, communications and partnerships building through strategies and activities to promote, protect and enhance IDLO’s mission and brand.
The Department actively promotes and advocates for IDLO’s strategic priorities with governments, the United Nations system, other intergovernmental organizations, civil society, the private sector, philanthropic organizations, academia, and other potential partners at national, regional, and international levels. It collaborates with all entities within IDLO to promote the Organization’s policy advocacy priorities. It supports IDLO’s program and program development teams and country offices to ensure that communications, partnership engagements, resource mobilization and other outreach activities are coherent and integrated in IDLO’s activities around the world. It builds and maintains innovative and productive partnerships, ensures best practices in communication and resource mobilization, and supports the governance mechanisms of the Organization.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Resource Mobilization and working in close collaboration with the other team members on resource mobilization activities and strategies, the Resource Mobilization Officer will play a leading role in the unit and will oversee the following main responsibilities.
· Contribute to the design, coordination and implementation of a comprehensive resource mobilization strategy, with an emphasis on leading on IDLO’s policy for engaging with the private sector, (including for profit and not-for-profit).
· Establish and strengthen donor relations and build a diverse partnership base in line with IDLO’s Strategic Plan.
· Research, analyze and pursue opportunities for partnerships and new sources of funding, initially leading on those for economic development.
· Advocate for additional resources for the rule of law sector, in general and for key themes identified in IDLO’s Strategy 2021 – 2024.
· Keep abreast of latest resource mobilization trends, news and events, as they relate to Strategy 2021 – 2024.
· Strategically contribute to and lead the design and execution of regular consultations with donors to improve dialogue and mutual understanding.
· Define the approach to official correspondence, funding proposals and organizational assessments for donors, executing as required.
· Lead efficient and timely reporting processes that enhance donor trust and build IDLO’s credibility.
· Establish strong collaborative relationships with relevant Departments, including Programs, Policy, Research & Learning, and Finance and Support Services alongside those within the Department of External Relations and Partnerships.
· Contribute to an annual work plan, budget and activities.
· Perform any other relevant assignments as requested by the supervisor.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Work Experience
· Master degree in business administration, economics, international relations or social science or political science or other relevant areas.
· A minimum of seven (7), of relevant professional experience in resource mobilization and partnership is required.
· Strong aptitude and understanding of the communication aspects of stakeholder engagement (internal and external audiences).
· Demonstrated experience in managing external stakeholder relationships (e.g., donor and implementing partner relationships, or similar background).
· Demonstrated experience with navigating political and strategic discussions objectively and diplomatically.
· Excellent business-oriented verbal, visual and written communication skills.
· Experience structuring and analyzing quantitative, financial models to inform decision-making.
· Excellent proficiency of spoken and written English is required. Additional language/s would be highly desirable.
Specific knowledge, skills and behavioral competencies
· Strong knowledge of the development aid trends (particularly in relation to rule of law), donor landscape and resource mobilization strategies and tools, including results-based donor reporting.
· Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first.
· Strong interpersonal skills working in diverse / multicultural teams.
· Able to multitask in a fast-paced, often rapidly changing environment.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, CiviCRM or other database/CRM tools.
· Proven creative energy, and a respected team player.
· Capable of working under pressure, to tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
· Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s values and mandate.
· Able and willing to travel to field operations, including in post-conflict countries.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this internationally professional recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an international Affiliate Contract of 24 months, with possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
IDLO shall also offer a yearly basic salary of EUR 58,000 and a benefits package including provident fund contribution, medical insurance, and leave entitlements in accordance with the IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules. Relocation and installation support are also available for internationally recruited employees.
Salaries and benefits paid by IDLO to employees are exempt from taxation in Italy. IDLO employees are responsible for compliance with income tax laws of their country of nationality or residence and/or of any other relevant fiscal jurisdiction.
Applications will be screened on regular basis; a qualified applicant might be recruited before the deadline. In the interest of making most effective use of resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
How to apply
Applications will be received through the following link: