The position is to be filled as of May 1, 2021, with an initial contract duration of 8 months. There are good prospects for an extension. The contract is based on a 75% basis with an option to expand the volume. As a Roving Expert you are home-based, but there will be frequent travels to Uganda, Malawi and Zimbabwe. During the deployment per diems and expenses are paid.
As Roving Expert Digital Business, you will work in a BMZ-funded multi-country project supporting five agricultural digital innovations in the transition from project to social business in Uganda, Malawi and Zimbabwe. You will be deployed to a country on short notice to provide flexible “hands-on” support for clearly defined assignments. The aim of this position is to ensure service-oriented support to Welthungerhilfe’s Innovation programmes through capacity building, consultancy services and backstopping in the Digital Business sector.
- Support the digital product teams of Welthungerhilfe in Zimbabwe, Malawi and Uganda
- Provide technical assistance to the product teams to support the transition from projects to social businesses
- Assist in resolving administrative issues that arise in the operation of social businesses within Welthungerhilfe
- Support liaison between Welthungerhilfe’s Country Offices and social businesses
- Build the capacity of the product teams and the businesses at large
- Coach and mentor the product teams to increase/achieve revenue generation
- Contribute to the development and strategies of the Innovation Unit and actively participate in strategic discussions to stay informed on the overall organizational topics
- Fulfill any other tasks which are assigned by the management and correspond in general with the character of this position
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field like business administration, international management or rural development
- Broad experience in social impact projection, market analysis, (financial) business planning, product branding, marketing and stakeholder management
- Sound experience in the development of value chains
- Work experience with Social Businesses as well as regional experience is a clear advantage
- Work experience in the private sector and with digital start-ups or other digital businesses is an asset
- Proven skills in start-up methods, private sector development and business management
- Willingness to work in a team and cope in an intercultural working environment
- Excellent spoken and written English; French and/or German language skills will be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.*
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by April 18, 2021 by following this link. https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=6222&company=WelthungerP
Your contact person is Lea Hermle. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.