Job position- Security & Safety Coordinator
Work location- Maiduguri (All Field)
Reporting to- Head of Mission/Base with Technical reporting to Global Security Referent
Supervision of- Safety and Security Officer/Field Base Office SFP’s
General-purpose of the position
The Safety and Security Coordinator provides the country team with information and technical assistance, monitoring the compliance to INTERSOS security risk management plan of all country’s dispersed operational offices.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Conducts Situational and Security Risk Assessments to determine risk levels for staff, provide operations update and recommendations when necessary for all operational field bases.
- Ensures internal incident tracking system is utilized properly: create a security incident database and perform incident mapping, assessments and analysis.
- Develops, updates and ensures compliance with Country Security Plans, policies, SOPs, mitigation measures, Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS) and Contingency Plans.
- Fills in and regularly updates the Risk Analysis Matrix (threat, likelihood, impact, level of vulnerability, level of risk)
- Conducts maintenance and periodic testing of communication security tree for the mission and review response time.
- Ensures all field staff are fully cognizant of prevailing security threats, duly advises on means of reducing their vulnerability to those threats and develops action plans for security upgrades.
- Monitors the security preparedness of country staff and enforce staff compliance with internal security rules and SOPs, ensuring they are communicated to all staff and understood
- Ensures mission areas of intervention have adapted communication means, ensures maintenance with the support of the Logistics team. Ensures constant update of the emergency contact list and timely issuance of ID cards.
- Ensures a proper level of preparation before and follow up of movements to the field, ensures transportation means, good fleet maintenance and movement rules which are adapted to the local context to support the Logistics team.
Position RequirementsProfessional requirements
• University Degree in any field, preferably in Security Management
• Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience implementing Safety & Security within Borno North East (Background/familiarity with Emergency).
• A good sense of humour is an asset
• Excellent communication skills- English both oral and written,
• Ability to speak Local languages in Borno, North Eastern Nigerian (Kanuri a plus)
• Conversant with Micro-soft application, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Ability to speak Local languages in Borno, North Eastern Nigerian
• Highly motivated, flexible, reliable and trustworthy.
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach a CV with the following format “Surname Position
you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted. Application deadline: Apply no later than 2nd April 2021 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.