About the role
Crown Agents is seeking to appoint a Security Manager for an exciting project in South Sudan. GASWASH is an anticipated five-year USAID-funded contract that aims to expand gender-transformative sustainable access to basic safe drinking water, basic sanitation coverage, and increase uptake of key hygiene behaviors to improve health and household resilience in accordance with USAID/South Sudan’s Strategic Framework. GASWASH will develop a systematic partnership with Water and Sanitation Directorates under state line ministries, state, county and local government administrations, communities, civil society organizations, other private sectors and beneficiaries in order to execute interventions that meet the four objectives below:
- Sub-national WASH coordination and management strengthened;
- Inclusive, resilient, WASH service delivery expanded and strengthened;
- Private sector participation in service delivery fostered, and
- Key hygiene behaviors adopted by individuals, households and communities and harmful gender norms addressed.
Interventions will occur in the following 13 counties in South Sudan: Budi, Kapoeta North, Akobo, Uror, Pibor, Duk, Ulang, Baliet, Leer, Panyijar, Mayendit, Wau and Jur River.
About the Role:
Contingent upon donor funding and based in Juba, the post holder is required to have a strong knowledge and commitment to security and operations within a demanding environment (South Sudan) utilising all previous experience and skills to prevent hazards and threats to safety and Operations. Demonstrate excellent surveillance and emergency response skills. Create and preserve an environment where employees, visitors and property are safe and protected. Management of the operational team, ensuring all procedures are kept up to date and adhered to.
- Assume responsibility for the day to day security and logistics arrangements for all GASWASH project staff, sites and assets in South Sudan.
- Conduct security assessments of all GASWASH sites including offices, accommodation and warehousing and make suggestions for improvements.
- Ensure compliance with USAID regulations and CA systems and procedures, including the security plan, communication protocols, and crisis response plan, recommend updates to strengthen systems as needed
- Liaise with security contractors, Security advisors at the USAID mission, and with the Crown Agents Security provider, to ensure up to date information is available, and that project staff are fully briefed on the security situation.
- Prepare and distribute daily security information briefs advising staff on relevant security information and updates at the local, regional and national levels
- Provide a security briefing to all visiting staff and consultants on the day of arrival in Juba
- Be prepared to escort vehicles and project staff between locations throughout South Sudan and advise on ‘actions on’ and which regions are too insecure to travel to.
- Organise and establish sound systems for effective and efficient oversight and management of CA-South Sudan programme procurement and logistics.
- Ensure that the asset register is up to date at all times
- Ensure that clear security SOPs are developed, written up and kept up to date
- Ensure all local procurements adhere to CA Procedures.
- Ensure Operations team maintain all logistic records, including efficient filing system for storing procurement documentation to facilitate tracking and auditing.
- Ensure all project’s staff within the field operations understand and implement all Security and operational procedures.
- 7+ years of relevant security field management experience preferably with international NGOs or the United Nations.
- Experience in conflict environments or countries in political transition required; East Africa and/or South Sudan experience highly preferred.
- Higher education standards are required
- Prior experience supporting USAID or similar donor-funded international development programs as a security manager highly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience managing and implementing field security systems and logistics.
- Proven track record of building strong, trusted relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- A sound working knowledge of security best practices and legislation affecting the security role in South Sudan. Knowledge of South Sudanese government regulations regarding security desirable
- Professional written and spoken fluency in English required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate
- Financially literate
- Drivers licence
- Candidates selected may be screened through a US government security background check and must meet all eligibility requirements;
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
Crown Agents is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all candidates at all times as well as a business culture that reflects that belief. Crown Agents will treat everyone equally irrespective of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation, and places an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. Crown Agents shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidates are selected for interview, or in any terms of employment, and will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the role. Crown Agents is committed to being an organisation enhanced by diversity and encourages applications from anyone who shares our values and commitment to improving the lives of communities affected by poverty or conflict.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.
How to apply
Job Details | Crown Agents https://www.crownagents.com/jobs/current-vacancies/detail/?jobId=717&jobTitle=Security%20Manager