World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country), where WVI is registered to operate. Preferred locations: Europe or Africa.
As Senior Advisor for External Engagement & Programming-Livelihoods, you will oversee World Vision’s livelihoods savings groups and environmental stewardship programming to ensure that it reflects the organizational distinctive of Christ-centered, community empowering and child focused in its standards and practices and the highest technical standards are met in its programming. You will also build World Vision’s reputation in these areas, create partnerships and innovative approaches, strengthen and mobilize World Vision’s sector communities of practice to execute excellence in programming that demonstrates evidence of impact.
In collaboration with the Advocacy and External Engagement Working Group and Support Offices, you will ensure subject matter experts in key forums represent World Vision and participate in selected networks, associations, and boards as appropriate. You will also actively position World Vision as an NGO of choice with the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda platform, potential and key partners, businesses, donors and other stakeholders and work with and support World Vision’s global ministries and Global Capitals (Brussels, New York and Geneva).
- Master’s degree in the sector related expertise area or International/Economic Development.
- 10 years’ work experience with an International Development Organisation, Corporation or Government in the field of external relations, communications and policy influencing or livelihoods programming, including evidence-based best practices, financial inclusion and or environmental management.
- Experience of working in partnership with International Development Organisations through networks, coalitions and partnerships on policy themes related to sector (ultra-poor graduation, savings groups, environment, local value chain development, climate change, food systems, child sensitive social protection etc).
- Excellent facilitation, communications (both written and verbal), negotiation, and collaboration skills are required for this position.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English (a plus if knowledgeable in French or Spanish).
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/global/food-security-and-livelihood/senior-advisor-external-engagement-and-programming-livelihoods/16558 and apply by the closing date 16 APR 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.