USAID is launching the five-year Rural Water Research and Learning Activity with the intention of expanding the evidence base for rural water services, increasing use of findings to inform rural water policy and programming in collaboration with partners, in order to increase the availability and sustainable management of safe water for the underserved and most vulnerable. Designed to complement other USAID/Washington WASH research and learning activities, it will focus on implementation research related to (1) the professionalization of rural water services; (2) systems for rural water quality monitoring; and (3) improving planning for water resources. It will place an emphasis on working with local institutions and stakeholders to ensure uptake and use of research findings.
SI is seeking a full-time Senior Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Expert for upcoming Rural Water Research and Learning Activity. The Senior CLA Expert will guide CLA throughout the Activity, and ensure learning is integrated into the research findings of the Activity.
- Champion a CLA culture within the activity, identifying ways to promote CLA within the team, with and within USAID, and within and among implementing partners.
- Work closely with the Project Director and Deputy Project Director to develop, implement and embed CLA tools, methodologies and strategies throughout research activities.
- Lead the development of a learning plan that outlines key learning questions for the activity.
- Lead production and dissemination of knowledge products based on the research findings of the Activity, appropriately targeted and made accessible to different audiences.
- Lead facilitation on the project, including facilitating collaboration and coordination among implementing partners and other stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in a social science, development studies, or related field required.
- At least seven (7) years of experience leading the development and implementation of CLA on development projects.
- Previous experience conducting similar work on USAID-funded projects.
- Experience applying learning and adaptation to improve development programs.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Experience working on WASH projects strongly desired.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply
Please apply on our website: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA..