USAID is launching the five-year Rural Water Research and Learning Activity with the intention of expanding the evidence base for rural water services, increasing use of findings to inform rural water policy and programming in collaboration with partners, in order to increase the availability and sustainable management of safe water for the underserved and most vulnerable. Designed to complement other USAID/Washington WASH research and learning activities, it will focus on implementation research related to (1) the professionalization of rural water services; (2) systems for rural water quality monitoring; and (3) improving planning for water resources. It will place an emphasis on working with local institutions and stakeholders to ensure uptake and use of research findings.
SI is seeking a full-time Senior Gender Expert for the upcoming Rural Water Research and Learning Activity. The Senior Gender Expert will \ provide high-level technical guidance to the team, ensuring that gender considerations play a key role in the design and implementation of all research and other activities.
- Contribute to the design of project research activities by ensuring that gender considerations are fully integrated in every aspect of design and implementation.
- Develop and implement gender mainstreaming strategies and methodologies for the activity.
- Identify areas where gender issues are likely to arise and plan strategically to ensure gender inclusion in activity design.
- Master’s degree in gender studies, sociology, international development or other relevant social science field.
- At least seven (7) years of experience in gender analysis for development programs in the WASH sector.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing gender-sensitive research activities.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply
Please apply on our website: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA…