Country:Washington, DC Department:International Programs
Essential Job Duties/Scope of Work:
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
The Local Capacity Strengthening for Response (LCS4R) project aims to improve the effectiveness of emergency preparedness and response on the part of community-based organizations (CBOs), local NGOs (LNGOs), and national NGOs (NNGOs) by providing training to strengthen the capacity of such organizations to prepare for and respond to humanitarian crises and better engage with the international humanitarian coordination system.
The primary function of the Senior Manager, Local Capacity Strengthening for Response Program is the oversight and implementation of program activities and deliverables inclusive of day to day administration of overall programs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation. The tasks listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Management and administrative oversight of the project, including the development of the project work plan, ensuring that the project’s objectives and compliance requirements are met and the budget adhered to.
- Oversight of the implementation of all program activities, provision of general program direction, and ensuring the completion and submission of all program deliverables.
- Management and administrative oversight of partner sub awards, to ensure timely and quality completion of deliverables and reporting requirements.
- Working closely with project learning experts to ensure that the development of curriculum materials is carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Overseeing and coordinating the review, analysis, and application of technological tools and approaches within the project.
- As instructed by HRTU Director, facilitating communication with the US government counterparts, making sure there is no overlap in activities and that all program components are completed on time.
- Working with the project team and project partners to implement the recruitment process plan, including involvement in participant selection, outreach activities, and follow-up.
- Supporting the assignment of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), providing instructions to SMEs and participants alike, helping develop and implement feedback mechanisms.
- In collaboration with partner organizations, overseeing curriculum design as well as reviewing and updating curriculum being used for workshops, ensuring that appropriate training methodologies are being employed, content is well-presented, and information is current.
- Providing facilitation for workshops and expertise on topics related to the international humanitarian coordination system and all aspects of humanitarian programming.
- Working with the Monitoring &Evaluation team to ensure proper information and feedback is captured and reported.
- Leading on the administrative function of the project, including coordination of communications, logistics, and financial functions.
- Supervise and lead the work of Program Assistant working for the Local Capacity Strengthening for Response program
Code of Conduct As applicable to this position, an individual must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
If this is a supervisory position, one must set an example of ethical behavior through one’s own conduct and oversight of the work of others; ensure that those who report to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct & Ethics; monitor compliance of the people you supervise; enforce the Code of Conduct & Ethics and International Medical Corps’ policies, including the Safeguarding Policy and the Protection from Harassment, Bullying and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fairly; support employees who in good faith raise questions or concerns.
It is all staff shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children, adults at risk, or LGBTI individuals; and any form of trafficking in persons. Staff are also responsible for preventing violations to our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any violations to the Code of Conduct and Ethics or Safeguarding Policy, you have an obligation to report.
- Typically, a Bachelor’s degree in international/humanitarian affairs, training/adult learning or similar. Master’s degree preferred. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- 10+ years of relevant and progressive experience in training/capacity strengthening projects, including 7+ years’ experience managing projects internationally and/or domestically.
- Demonstrated program management skills, in particular experience in managing US Government funded projects;
- Background and experience in overseeing training/capacity strengthening projects;
- Knowledge of the international humanitarian coordination system and humanitarian/emergency response;
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong communication skills, both oral and written;
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Job Knowledge: Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the responsibilities specific to the job, as well as the ongoing capacity to stay abreast of changes in job functions.
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other employees. Maintains good work relationships both internally and externally and has the ability to work productively as a team.
- Situational Judgment: Demonstrates the ability to make good decisions about what should be done given a specific situation. Thinks carefully before taking action and behaves appropriately for the circumstances.
- Problem Solving Skills: Demonstrates the ability to use creativity, reasoning, past experience, information and available resources to resolve issues.
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these standards to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
- Leadership: Takes responsibility for actions, decisions, and outcomes. Can confidently take the lead role on a team, if and when necessary.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
How to apply
Apply Here https://careers.internationalmedicalcorps.org/Careers.aspx?req=21-066&type=JOBDESCR