Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer,
Yemen Continuous Learning & Evaluation Activity,
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Yemen Continuous Learning and Evaluation (YCLE) program provides rapidly deployed, robust, on-the ground, in-country oversight of USAID funded development activities implemented in Yemen. The YCLE Contractor supports the prudent use of U.S. taxpayer funds in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on: (1) Performance and Contextual Monitoring and Verification Services; (2) Evaluation Services; (3) Analysis and Reporting Services; (4) Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptive Management Services; and, (5) Program Support Services. The overall goal of YCLE is to enable USAID/Yemen to become a more effective and adaptive development organization.
**Please note: Only Jordanian citizens are eligible for this position
The Senior MEL Officer will report to the Amman based MEL Specialist and work closely with the other YCLE staff in Amman and Yemen. The Sr. MEL Officer will be primarily responsible for leading information management efforts and will also play a key role in supporting Third-Party Monitoring (TPM) activities and YCLE’s GIS support to USAID and USAID Yemen Implementing Partners (IPs).
- Provide technical guidance and support to USAID/Yemen IPs in their transition to and continued use of the new USAID Development Information Systems
- Finalize the YCLE internal information/data management system
- Collate relevant YCLE data to analyze and address Instant Messaging (IM) gaps
- Facilitate information sharing between YCLE and YCLE stakeholders
- Generate monthly reports for tracking progress against key indicators as needed
- Provide technical support across YCLE Third-Party Monitoring portfolios
- Design TPM tools
- Script TPM tools to Fulcrum or other data collection software
- Design trainings for TPM data collectors
- Take notes, as needed, for IP TPM kick off, orientation and debrief meetings
- Analyze TPM data to draft TPM site visit reports
- Contribute to all aspects of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data collection
- Contribute to the training of local partners and stakeholders on GIS data collection and data usage
- Develop and/or maintain the geodatabases for YCLE and USAID/Yemen activities
- Create YCLE of GIS products such as static maps and dashboards
- Design, support, and lead Data Quality Assessments (DQAs)
- Analyze and report data against YCLE MEL indicators
- Provide scripting support for YCLE assessment, survey and evaluation data collection tools
- Other duties, as necessary and assigned by the MEL Specialist or Chief of Party
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of four years of experience in international development
- Minimum of two years of concentrated experience in monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management and/or GIS
- Strong background in MEL processes and knowledge of MEL data collection tools
- Experience in Development or Humanitarian Information Management
- Ability to compile and holistically analyze datasets
- Experience in remote and/or third party monitoring preferred but not required
- Experience in Yemen strongly preferred but not required
- Familiarity/experience with USAID preferred but not required
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic required
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer
How to apply
Apply Here https://www.click2apply.net/k5DEoZHbAMdqIgQ2s4Jo4