Senior MoPIED SAGAL Liaison Advisor- **-*Mogadishu – Somali-National only*
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Senior MoPIED SAGAL Liaison Advisor (SMSLA) will be responsible for the day-to-day liaison and coordination between MoLSA and MoPIED. The Senior MoPIED SAGAL Liaison Advisor will report to the Minister of Planning, Investment and Economic Development and will coordinate and work with the Senior MoLSA SAGAL Advisor and Social Affairs Director. The SMSLA will serve as mediator, focusing on developing and fostering relationships between the necessary stakeholders.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports directly to: Southern states area representative
Reports Technically: Minister of Planning, Investment and Economic Development
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: yes
Location: – Mogadishu
Save the Children has been working in Somalia for more than 60 years. The Country Office has over 500 staff across 14 field offices (Boroma, Burao and Hargeisa in Somaliland; Bosasso, Garowe, Galkayo and Gardo in Puntland; Beletweyne, Adaado, Abudwak, Baidoa, Kismayo, Dhobley and Mogadishu in Central South Somalia). Our Country Office coordination and administration base is in Nairobi, Kenya. In 2017, as a result of significant scale up for the countrywide drought response, our annual spend FY2017 was US$117 million and we reached more than 2 million people through our humanitarian and longer-term development work in Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Child Protection and Child Rights Governance. The Country Office manages 61 active awards totalling US$165 million from a range of governmental/institutional donors, including DFID, ECHO, EU, FFP, OFDA, and DANIDA being some of our largest
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree/ Postgraduate degree in International Relations, Development Studies or a Social Science degree.
- Seven years of experience working with International Organizations and Federal Government of Somalia.
- A minimum of 4 years working and living in the Horn of Africa.
- Advanced understanding of the social political atmosphere within the Horn of Africa.
- Knowledge of Somalia and sensitivity to the underlying social, economic and cultural context in particular.
- Complete fluency and writing skills in Somali and English.
- Ability to establish productive working relationship with various international, national and government (federal and state-level) counterparts.
- Must be motivated and capable of promptly and effectively monitoring, coordinating and communicating according to the needs and objectives of SAGAL.
- Demonstrated organization, initiative, and time management skills.
- Proven ability to solve problems and follow through with tasks with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience in coordinating, cooperating and negotiating with high-level Government officials, donor partners and diverse local stakeholders.
- Readiness and proven ability to work in multi-cultural environment; and
Please apply in English saving your CV and cover letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at or appl through the below link
Application deadline is 11th April 2021
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS41MTI0Ny4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpb…