The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with a network of 192-member National Societies. The overall aim of the IFRC is “to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” The IFRC works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during and after disasters, health emergencies and other crises.
The IFRC is led by its Secretary General, and has its Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The Headquarters are organized into three main Divisions: (i) National Society Development and Operations Coordination; (ii) Global Relations, Humanitarian Diplomacy and Digitalization; and (iii) Management Policy, Strategy and Corporate Services.
The IFRC has five regional offices in Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, Europe, and the Americas. The IFRC also has country cluster delegation and country delegations throughout the world. Together, the Geneva Headquarters and the field structure (regional, cluster and country) comprise the IFRC Secretariat. IFRC office which based in Jakarta is one of The Secretariat of Country Cluster Delegation (CCD) who support NSs in Indonesia and Timor Leste.
The IFRCs secretariat focuses on setting norms, standards, and guidance, ensuring consistency, coordination and accountability for performance, knowledge sharing, and influential representation with global level partners. It is organized in three building blocks: Partnerships; Programme and Operations and Management.
The Senior Program Finance and Admin Officer, the key responsibilities of this position are to maintain financial control of the day-to-day operations within Finance Services including the provision of procurement support; as well as maintaining and updating accounting procedures and delegations, preparing monthly reconciliations, and assisting in the preparation of the annual financial statements.
SENIOR PROGRAM FINANCE AND ADMIN OFFICER – NATIONAL STAFF
Date of issue : 19 – 03 – 2021
Closing date : 02 – 04 – 2021
Duty station : JAKARTA
Country : INDONESIA
Contract Duration : 6 (six) months
Category of Staff : National Staff
Supervised by Health Manager and under technical guidance from Corporate Services Manager, the Senior Program Finance and Admin Officer is responsible for all aspects of financial management of the program, ensuring compliance with IFRC and PMI policies and procedures as well as donor regulations. the Senior Program Finance and Admin Officer is responsible for all aspects of financial management of the program, ensuring compliance with IFRC and PMI policies and procedures as well as donor regulations..
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage regular program-wide accounting and finance functions including timely recording of transactions, cash management, reconciliation, monitoring and reporting
- Plan and implement systems for financial operations in the country office and in areas of program in accordance with the IFRC, PMI Finance procedures and donor regulations; including systems for cash flow management, budgeting, consolidation of accounting information, internal controls, financial reporting, financial record-keeping, grant management and compliance
- Train and supervise finance staff in the program and deliver technical assistance on capacities building for PMI team
- Maintain financial relations, plan, and monitor advance cash flow requirements to ensure the smooth implementation of IFRC and PMI Service projects.
- Prepare monthly standard accounting and finance submissions to IFRC, for review by the Corporate Service Manager, including general ledger files, BVA (budget versus actual) analysis, account reconciliations, expenditures by cost centre/project, as well as other financial information in timely and accurate manner
- Prepare financial reports, for review by the Corporate Service Manager, to donors in line with donor requirements and templates.
- Assist in developing regular fiscal budgets under IFRC and present it to back donors
- Continuously stay abreast with donor policies, procedures, rules, and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; train IFRC/PMI finance staff in these policies.
- Ensure compliance with IFRC and PMI financial policies and procedures
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to IFRC and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission
- Other duties as assigned
- Finance or administrative degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced university degree (master’s or equivalent) in finance or management/administrative or equivalent professional experience is preferred
- At least 8 years working experience in the humanitarian or development sector, with a focus on organisational development, finance or movement cooperation is preferred
- Experience working in a RC/RC National Society and/or Federation/ICRC is preferred
- Experience working on supporting USAID program implementation is preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Programme and project management experience including planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Results oriented and demand driven individual, entrepreneurial, ability to lead in unprecedented and/or ambiguous situations.
- An ability to be proactive and persuasive.
- Demonstrated track record in innovating, contributing to a learning culture, sharing knowledge and new approaches to engaging partners.
- Professional credibility, able to work effectively at all levels across the organisation
- Proven good judgment and ability to work with complete integrity and confidentiality
- High degree of discretion, tact and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients and stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural, multilingual, multidisciplinary environment
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Fluent Bahasa Indonesia, spoken and written and other local languages an advantage
How to apply
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae to: email@example.com
Please indicate on the subject heading: Senior Program Finance And Admin Officer – JKT