World vision International
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position: Senior Programme Officer
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted
PURPOSE OF POSITION
World Vision is seeking a candidate to support the Grant Acquisition and Management team for the WV Syria Response (Jordan, Syria and Turkey) (WVSR). The Senior Program Officer (SPO) will be based in Amman, and report to the Grant Acquisition and Management (GAM) Manager.
The SPO will:
1) Provide support across departments in the development, planning, management and monitoring of the World Vision portfolio (primarily in Jordan and Syria) through the design documentation, reporting and coordination of the program activities for the response.
2) Help to streamline and improve GAM processes across the GAM portfolio and ensure GAM capacity building where needed
3) Ensure the execution of the donor Engagement Plan for the Syria Response, with a focus on Syria and Jordan, and attend key cluster and donor engagements in Jordan when needed
4) Lead proposal development for select projects in Jordan and Syria
· In arrangement with the GAM Manager, lead on donor engagement by developing and maintaining effective relationships with donors and support offices to establish partnerships, and market Syria Response programmes, and seek additional funding opportunities
· Support strategy development in the Syria Response with identifying fundraising opportunities and updating fundraising plans.
· Lead on the Jordan and Syria specific inputs for the overall Syria Response Grant Acquisition Business Plan. Map donors in accordance to WVSR strategic directions, and closely collaborate with international funding offices (Support Offices) for early positioning with institutional government donors and coordinate within the broader World Vision partnership for Multi-lateral donor positioning.
· Constantly monitor and analyze donor opportunities to ensure they align with operational intent.
· Lead the Grant Risk Assessment and Go No-Go process as per WVI policy, and collect requested approvals for WVSR
· Collaborate and negotiate with international funding offices on match needs and other resources (e.g. technical).
· Lead planning, developing and reviewing concept papers and proposals for various projects and programs for funding from WV’s partnership and major donors in order to achieve WVSR short-term and long-term goals.
· Lead the coordination process of actual project proposal design, in close collaboration with the technical sector heads, operations or zonal managers and key support functions as well as with key stakeholders in the WV partnership for UN grants
· Facilitate or collaborate with funding offices on the facilitation of grant design, startup, closeout workshop for grant project staff and support function staff members for each critical grant
Grant Management and Reporting**
· Ensure overall grant quality and grant compliance coordination across departments through streamlined work processes, and ensure WV is compliant with the grant policies
· Monitor program’s progress ensuring goals and objectives are achieved and non-financial grant requirements are adhered to.
· Support Grant Managers to monitor the allocation of resources in the most efficient and cost effective way while aiming for the highest quality of implementation
· Support, plan and facilitate grant reporting to meet donors and WVI highest standards.
· Support on monthly, annual and end-of-project narrative reports, newsletters, situational reports and other reports as necessary in collaboration with the other departments, including internal and external reports.
Quality Assurance, Accountability and Information Management
· Streamline programs processes to ensure timely and quality preparation of grant proposals, donor reports and other reporting requirements.
· Ensure that Syria Response GAM systems and processes are adapted streamlined across the Turkey portfolio, this includes using adequate tracking tools to support effective grant compliance and positive audit results, and that the grant team and field office staff understands this system and follows it accordingly.
· Ensure alignment with WV’s established external engagement, GAM, partnering steps, and response strategies.
· Incorporation of internal and international humanitarian standards (Sphere, HAP, etc.) into all project designs and implementation.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships and information sharing with funding office representatives.
· Ensure WV has strong relationships with locally based donors. Ensure this representation is tracked and recorded.
· Coordinate GAM news and lessons learned with the regional office.
This can include but is not limited to:
· support of other Syria response portfolios within the overall GAM team
· Representation in cluster and working group meetings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Must have a minimum BA degree or equivalent in relevant fields of study such as International Development, Political Relations, Economics, Sociology, or other related field
· Must have 3-5 years’ experience working in the humanitarian sector
· Proven track record for multi-sector programming experience.
· Experience coordination with INGO’s and other key stakeholders
· High degree of negotiation and persuasion skills.
· Ability to travel internationally as needed
· Ability to work with a reasonably level of comfort in high tension and high security risk situations.
· Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environs and physical hardships.
· Ability to facilitate the creation of cross-functional project teams and the development of national strategies.
· Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively.
· Excellent time-management and prioritization.
· Demonstrates openness and transparency
· Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
· Knowledge of budget requirements and regulations of major donors including the USAID, GAC, EU/ECHO, German Government. DFID and UN agencies. Familiarity with humanitarian codes, minimum standards, principles and practice.