World Vision USA is a part of the larger World Vision International partnership, a development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith. Globally, we have over 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries. Nearly 900 of us call World Vision USA home.
The Job: World Vision is looking for a Senior Regional Engagement Manager to work to achieve the following objectives that directly contribute to maximizing WVUS revenue and fulfilling US donor expectations/promise:
- Working with International Programs Group (IPG) annual business plans to analyze context, resources, funding pipeline; flag opportunities for leveraging technical support and resources across sectors and funding streams; identify potential opportunities/conflicts within WVUS strategies (both public and private funding channels) and inform respective unit leadership.
- Facilitate as requested or needed, the work of IPG units with Field Offices in assigned region which includes but is not limited to, funding pipeline analysis, strategy development, knowledge management, technical branding, networks, partnering (local and global), capacity building and support for in country donor positioning.
- Support as requested or needed, the work of IPG units in long-term positioning with US Government donors, US Foundations, US corporations and key stakeholders (such as academic institutions, corporations and NGO partners) in assigned region (s).
- Provide surge capacity in proposal development and management for complex US Government grant opportunities
- Support Regional Office and Support Office initiatives in strengthening strategies, systems, structures and accountability related to US donors within the Field Offices in assigned region(s)
- Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Support as appropriate, International Programs Group (IPG), Transformational Engagement (TE) and field offices in proposal development and resource acquisition activities. Support areas to include:
- Liaison with the Global Center Ministry Teams and the Technical Service Organization (TSO) to channel technical support to grant acquisition, start up and implementation for both public and private grants.
- Support WVUS/IPG and World Vision International (WVI) initiatives to build capacity in resource acquisition and grant management areas, including but not limited to:
- Coach National Office leadership in their representational roles with key decision makers in local US Embassies, USAID Missions, partners organizations, and donors.
- Promote and support Field Office leadership initiatives to prioritize and strengthen their public grant acquisition process and grow grant revenue.
- Promote and support Field Office leadership initiatives to integrate, both geographically and programmatically, their private and publicly funded programming portfolios in order to maximize WV’s competitiveness through improved program impact and cost effectiveness. This includes minimizing cash match requirements and maximizing indirect cost recovery.
- Develop and provide strategic leadership and supervision for the formation and implementation of regional US public funded engagement plans that align to the Our Promise Partnership Strategy in coordination with regional Grant Acquisition Management directors. This includes improving the systems and communication processes that support grant acquisition and management.
- Strategic Planning:
- Maintain current knowledge of regional strategies and field needs in order to facilitate effective and coordinated WVUS representation in prioritized working groups and support teams.
- Develop regional investment plans on behalf of IPG units that highlight key WVUS deliverables and performance metrics based on the IPG business plan and priority initiatives for assigned region (s). Flag opportunities for cross unit leveraging of effort and identify potential opportunities and conflicts with WVI strategies.
- Develop donor engagement strategies for specific countries for both WVUS and the WV Partnership that align with organizational strategy.
- Collaborate with IPG sector teams to develop a coherent regional overview of all development and relief programming status/achievement and compliance with donor promise.
- Speak to WVUS and WVI advocacy and policy engagement plans and priorities to ensure field and donor engagement needs are fully reflected in plans.
- Establish collaborative relationships and networks within WVUS, WVI and other Support Offices as needed.
- Promote the WVUS perspective and priorities in field and other Support Office planning, including potentials for shared initiatives.
- Build external relationship and networks that broadly support resource acquisition and allocation, including contacts and relationships with other NGO’s and peer organizations to learn from, share and apply best practices in acquisition and management of public grants.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues in Regional, National and other Support Offices, especially with those responsible for resource acquisition and management.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across WVUS IPG and TE to ensure donor and public engagement and resource acquisition plans align with WVUS business priorities.
You Bring These Skills:
- Broad stakeholder networking
- Funding pipeline analysis
- Capacity building – strategy and implementation
- Relationship management
- Donor cultivation
- External engagement
- Winning grant proposal development
Education and Experience:
- Working knowledge of French required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (eight years) work experience. Postgraduate degree preferred.
- In addition to education or education equivalent, requires a minimum of five years of international development work experience in an overseas location.
- A minimum of five years proven experience in grant acquisition and management, with specific experience in successful proposal writing, management of proposal development and grant opportunity positioning, and, acquiring and managing grants for US Government agencies and large US based foundations.
Additional Skills We Are Interested In:
- Conflict management
- Theory of Change development
- Evidence & Learning / research
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online. https://worldvision.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=288069&company_id=15719&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=1014805&startflag=1
For more information on World Vision USA, please visit our website: www.worldvision.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.