Senior SAGAL Advisor – MoLSA -Mogadishu Somali-National only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Reports to: Area Representative
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Dimensions: Save the Children has been working in Somalia for more than 60 years. The Country Office has over 600 staff across 14 field offices (Boroma, Burao and Hargeisa in Somaliland; Bossaso, Garowe, Galkayo and Gardo in Puntland; Beletweyne, Adaado, Abudwak, Baidoa, Kismayo, Dhobley and Mogadishu in southern states). Our Country Office coordination and administration base is in Nairobi, Kenya. In 2017, as a result of significant scale up for the countrywide drought response, our annual spend FY2017 was US$117 million and we reached more than 2 million people through our humanitarian and longer-term development work in Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Child Protection and Child Rights Governance. The Country Office manages 61 active awards totalling US$165 million from a range of governmental/institutional donors, including DFID, ECHO, EU, FFP, OFDA, and DANIDA being some of our largest.
ROLE PURPOSE: The Senior MoLSA SAGAL Advisor (SMSA) will lead the SAGAL Social Cash Transfer Coordination Unit (SSCTCU) on all liaison and coordination with FMS in the corridors, the Consortium Management Unit, and partners, donors and other key stakeholders of the project while also holding primary responsibility for driving forward key project outputs and operations. The SMSA will report to the Social Affairs Director and be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the ILED Programme including supervision of Junior MoLSA SAGAL Advisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in social sciences, management, economics, business administration, or a related field with at least 5 years of work experience in relevant fields; or a bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of work experience in relevant fields.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in successfully leading programs in safety nets/social protection, nutrition, health, education, or other development field.
- Proven record of knowledge, experience and involvement in Somalia’s social protection/social care agenda.
- Track record of successful coordination with government.
- Applied knowledge of European Union and NGO policies.
- Experience in Somalia with strong understanding of poverty and vulnerability issues, public sector experience, and/or private sector experience is desirable.
- Firsthand knowledge of Somalia and sensitivity to the underlying social, economic and cultural context in particular.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multi-disciplinary project management team, including identifying training and capacity building opportunities for team members.
- Proven ability to build effective working relations with colleagues and clients, and capable of working under pressure, with good experience in leadership and strategic management of project team at national level.
- Proven experience in project management, coordinating, cooperating and negotiating with high level Government officials, donor partners and diverse local stakeholders.
- Ability to establish productive working relationship with various international, national and government (federal and state-level) counterparts.
- Readiness and proven ability to work in multi-cultural environment; and
- Complete fluency and writing skills in Somali and English.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
Application will be close on 11st April 2021.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4wOTY0Ni4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpb…