Senior SAGAL Research Expert Advisor- MoLSA -Mogadishu Somali-National only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Reports to: AR
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Dimensions: Save the Children has been working in Somalia for more than 60 years. The Country Office has over 600 staff across 14 field offices (Boroma, Burao and Hargeisa in Somaliland; Bossaso, Garowe, Galkayo and Gardo in Puntland; Beletweyne, Adaado, Abudwak, Baidoa, Kismayo, Dhobley and Mogadishu in southern states). Our Country Office coordination and administration base is in Nairobi, Kenya. In 2017, as a result of significant scale up for the countrywide drought response, our annual spend FY2017 was US$117 million and we reached more than 2 million people through our humanitarian and longer-term development work in Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Child Protection and Child Rights Governance. The Country Office manages 61 active awards totalling US$165 million from a range of governmental/institutional donors, including DFID, ECHO, EU, FFP, OFDA, and DANIDA being some of our largest.
ROLE PURPOSE: The Senior MoLSA SAGAL Research Expert Advisor will be responsible to provide technical advice in the design and implementation of social protection programming, which includes the design and piloting of social transfer models, the provision of capacity strengthening, advisory, policy and planning support to the SAGAL programme. The Senior MoLSA SAGAL Research Expert Advisor will report to the Social Affairs Director and will work with the Senior MoLSA SAGAL Advisor and Senior MoLSA SAGAL Social Protection Technical advisor. S/he will also supervise the Junior MoLSA SAGAL MEAL Advisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in development studies, demography, economics, statistics, health or other relevant area of study.
- At least 7 years of experience in a MEAL-specific role within an emergency or emergency and development context. Preferably in a management role.
- Experience and knowledge of monitoring systems, including robust and responsible data collection and use.
- Experience and knowledge of evidence generation and learning on what works (and doesn’t work), including designing/commissioning, implementing and applying: needs assessments, baseline studies, evaluations and research, learning workshops and learning agendas.
- Experience and knowledge of systems for accountability to communities, including information sharing, participation of women, men, boys and girls of various ages, and feedback and reporting mechanisms. Ability to prepare and facilitate technical MEAL trainings and workshops across countries in the region (including remotely).
- Experience in MEAL capacity building, including training, supervising, coaching and mentoring.
- Skilled at communicating and influencing across relevant teams and offices.
- Demonstrable quantitative and qualitative analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in relevant data collection and analysis software.
- Strong remote-working abilities and ability to travel to all parts of Somalia
- Ability and willingness to be flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure contexts.
- Proficient in speaking and writing English and Somali.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
Application will be close on 11st April 2021.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4xNzc2Mi4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpb…