Open to experts in Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, Adaptive Management, or Organizational Development.
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over one hundred countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The Senior Technical Specialist will support the growth and development of Social Impact’s practice by joining new and ongoing projects as a Project Director or Technical Advisor, specializing in one or more SI technical areas. The Senior Technical Specialist will provide technical oversight, implementation, and quality control for SI’s monitoring, performance evaluation, and learning (MEL) or organizational development (OD) contracts. With support from SI Program Managers, the Senior Technical Specialist may also provide management oversight and support for these projects and programs. Additionally, this individual will have a hand in developing new business through the development of contacts and technical proposals.
While all Social Impact are currently remote due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Senior Technical Specialist has the option to remain remote fulltime.
Service Delivery – 80%
- Apply advanced technical knowledge and state-of-the-art methodologies, analysis techniques, and MEL approaches to project work. Serve as a team member, team leader, project director, facilitator, and/or technical advisor on a variety of contracts.
- Ensure adherence to and promotion of SI’s Ensuring Quality, Use, and Impact protocols, while meeting contractual requirements.
- Design and implement innovative MEL, organizational development and/or adaptive management activities and approaches leveraging data and evidence for decision making.
- Provide coaching and troubleshooting support for SI teams working on projects.
- Ensure client satisfaction and monitor use of recommendations and products.
- Lead or co-lead training, workshops, and learning sessions for key donors and clients.
- Provide direct service delivery on client contracts.
Business Development – 12%
- Serve as technical lead or technical writer for proposals, including complex proposals requiring high levels of technical input.
- Lead scoping, positioning, planning, marketing, and proposal development related to SI’s work with current and new clients.
- Aid in the identification of technical experts, team leaders, and sectoral experts for bids. Interview and assess technical capacity of proposed SI staff and consultants for inclusion in proposals.
Thought Leadership – 8%
- Be a recognized technical expert in SI and apply that expertise to SI projects and proposals.
- Develop knowledge assets and new technical approaches to differentiate SI from other competitors in the MEL marketplace.
- Present thought leadership pieces in internal and external venues.
- Participate in and lead relevant external communities of practice.
- Publish technical papers, blogs, working papers, and other influence products for the MEL community.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in social sciences or international development, with technical training in the area of MEL.
- A minimum of 7 years of total work experience, with demonstrated experience in management consulting, organizational development, adaptive management, study design and delivery, data analysis and visualization, knowledge management, capacity building, or training.
- Knowledge and experience either in quantitative or qualitative research methods, with an understanding of qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Professional experience either as a team lead or as key staff on technical engagements, preferably in developing countries, with high quality resulting deliverables.
- Experience working with USAID, managing large or complex contracts with positive results.
- Willingness and ability to travel overseas for short to medium term assignments (approximately 20%).
- Team management experience.
- In-depth experience in one or more area in international development such as democracy and governance, workforce development, food security, health and education, the environment, or economic growth.
- Experience working with donors other than USAID, such as USG agencies, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, or other foundations or civil society organizations.
- Professional proficiency in a foreign language, especially French.
How to apply
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls