Senior Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Expert, USAID Rural Water Research and Learning, Washington, DC
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Proposal Objective: **
USAID is launching the five-year Rural Water Research and Learning Activity with the intention of expanding the evidence base for rural water services, increasing use of findings to inform rural water policy and programming in collaboration with partners, in order to increase the availability and sustainable management of safe water for the underserved and most vulnerable. Designed to complement other USAID/Washington WASH research and learning activities, it will focus on implementation research related to (1) the professionalization of rural water services; (2) systems for rural water quality monitoring; and (3) improving planning for water resources. It will place an emphasis on working with local institutions and stakeholders to ensure uptake and use of research findings.
SI is seeking a full-time Senior Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Expert for the upcoming Rural Water Research and Learning Activity. The Senior WASH Expert will be based in Washington, DC and will provide high-level sector-specific technical guidance to the team, including the Project Director and Deputy Project Director.
· Lead design and implementation of evaluation and research activities related to water resource management, rural water service delivery, rural water financing, and water quality monitoring, among other relevant WASH technical areas.
· Serve as the technical expert in the required areas of WASH and provide input during design of research activities.
· Develop research and evaluation methodologies and instruments.
· Contribute to reporting requirements by drafting and finalizing relevant sections of client reports.
· Master’s degree in engineering, public health, business, behavioral science, planning or other related fields.
· At least seven (7) years of demonstrated technical expertise with substantial developing country context experience in the WASH sector. Specific experience with rural water service delivery and water resource management preferred.
· Demonstrated experience in large-scale research projects in the WASH sector.
· Excellent oral and written English skills.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.