With a multi-sectoral humanitarian programme carried out in the Northern Province of Cabo Delgado, Mozambique, we respond to immediate shelter, CCCM, WASH and protection needs of IDP and host families affected by the armed conflict.
Simultaneously we focus on long-term sustainable solutions through the nexus approach.
Objective of the position:
Based in Pemba, Cabo Delgado and under direct supervision and guidance of the Humanitarian Coordinator, the main goal of the Shelter and Settlement Coordinator is to improve relevance, efficiency, effectiveness and impact of shelter and settlement projects and activities, through strategic and operational design, planning and follow-up.
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Humanitarian Coordinator, the Shelter and Settlement Coordinator has the following responsibilities:
- Direct management, coordination, leadership technical assistance and follow up of planning, organization and implementation of shelter and settlements projects or project components/activities, in close coordination with stakeholders, implementing partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Participates in the planning and follow up of budget lines and chapters for shelter and CCCM activities.
- Participates in the planning, implementation and follow–up of procurement processes for shelter and CCCM activities.
- Participates in shelter and CCCM humanitarian coordination spaces at provincial and district level (i.e. Shelter and CCCM cluster).
- Participates in the preparation of monthly internal reports and reports to donors.
- Participates in the planning, organization and implemention of field visits of donors, HQ staff and other relevant stakeholders.
- Participates in planning, organization and implementation of other actions related to shelter and CCCM activities, such as mainstreaming gender, age, disability and protection as well as visibility and communications.
- Manages shelter and CCCM technicians and officials andprovides technical support to the team
- Proactively comes up with innovative shelter solutions.
- Participates in monitoring of the security situation and information gathering.
- Participates in design, preparation, organization and implementation of needs and risk assessments and in the formulation and amendment of
- Participates in identifying and preparing project reformulations.
- Supports the development of AeAs Shelter and CCCM strategy for Mozambique, as part of the AeA’s country and humanitarian strategy.Ensures the application, compliance and promotion of humanitarian principles and standards (SPHERE, CHS and others).
- Other tasks that are inherent to the position and/or to the objectives of Ayuda en Acción’s humanitarian program in Mozambique.
- Advanced university degree or equivalent experience in Civil Engineering, Environmental Sciences or related fields.
- At least 3 years of proven professional experience in humanitarian operations oversea.
- Specialized technical knowledge and at least 2 years of experience in shelter and/or settlement projects.
- Full working proficiency in English and Portuguese (Spanish or Italian will be accepted for candidates without Portuguese).
- Conflict sensitive and result-oriented project management skills and experience.
- Ability to prepare high quality concise reports on time.
- Representation and networking skills and experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience and skills in team management, positive leadership and building staff capacity.
- Safety and security sensitiveness and awareness.
- Specific experience in sub-Saharan countries.
- Postgraduate degree in Humanitarian Action or related fields.
- Knowledge on humanitarian coordination structures
Terms and Conditions:
- Immediate incorporation.
- 1-year contract with three-month trial period. Can be extended according to performance and funding opportunities.
- Full time employment.
- Salary in line with AeA salary scale.
- Access to the AeA expatriate package or national benefit package.
How to apply
if you are interested in this position please register at the following link: https://bit.ly/2PkNiiI