The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
Barcelona – Campus Clinic
What We Are Looking for
ISGlobal is seeking a person who is interested in taking over and managing some of the activities of the project Barcelona “la Caixa” Living Lab. The overall project goal is to bring civil society closer to science through the execution of participatory research projects. In the context of Barcelona “la Caixa” Living Lab, qualitative research will be carried out about access to mental health attention within the migrant population in Barcelona. In this study the goal is to detect the barriers that exist for migrants to access mental health attention. For this, discussion groups will take part with participants that represent the highest number of migrants that settle in Barcelona. Data will be analyzed with the future goal of designing strategies for access in this population. We are seeking for someone who will assume the development of the research, as part of a larger team.
- Biological sciences
- Ethics in health sciences
- Medical sciences: psychology
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Experience in working in large multi-disciplinary team
- Experience in research on mental health
- Experience in social sciences research (qualitative methodologies), specially with vulnerable collectives
- Master degree or PHD in the previous mentioned fields will be well evaluated
- Collaboration in research protocol and design elaboration
- Execution of field work such as interviews and focus groups
- Analysis of results
- Writing of the report and the scientific article
- Collaboration and coordination with the BLCLL team in the rest of the challenges implemented.
- Research skills
- Coordination and project management skills
- Problem resolution
- Learning capacity
- English language: high level written and spoken;
- Catalan or Spanish: high level written and spoken;
- Duration: 6 month,
- Starting date: 15th April 21.
- Contract: part-time.
During the crisis caused by COVID19, standard working conditions will be adapted to sanitary requirements.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Researcher_LivingLab_Mar21 attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 1st April 2021.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings, religion or sexual orientation.