Start Network is made up of more than 50 aid agencies across five continents. Together, our aim is to transform humanitarian action through innovation, fast funding, early action, and localisation. We’re tackling what we believe are the biggest systemic problems that the sector faces. Problems including slow and reactive funding, centralised decision-making, and an aversion to change mean that people affected by crises around the world do not receive the best help fast enough, and needless suffering results. Our work focuses on three areas to change the system:
- Localisation: shifting power to those closest to the front line for more effective response.
- New forms of financing: providing fast, early, and predictable funding to improve community resilience and preparedness.
- Collective innovation: sharing expertise, insights, and perspectives to shape a more effective humanitarian system.
The Strategic Finance Lead will head up our finance team, shaping its work to respond to the changing needs of a dynamic organisation. With a recognised finance qualification, you will also provide support in the management and delivery of key tasks, such as management accounts. You will identify and adapt best practices from within the sector to enable the Start Network to meet its needs as it takes on more grant funding and develops financial products. This is a senior role split between project management and delivery. It is an outstanding opportunity for someone to shape and lead our finance function, making an important and lasting contribution to the sector.
This is a one year fixed-term contract. 28 hours per week. £44,000 (£55k FTE)
- Track record of leading a successful financial partnering service, managing a high-calibre, multi-disciplinary team to deliver against demanding timescales
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills
- Proven experience of developing financial models, operating principles, and managing complex budgeting and reporting processes
- Demonstrable experience of working at a strategic level and being responsive to change
- Experience of developing finance practice and making improvements to service provision
- Proven project and team management capability
We embrace diversity, promote equality of opportunity and eliminate unlawful discrimination. We are an equal opportunities employer and treat every application on merit alone. We particularly welcome applications from disabled, black, indigenous and people of colour (BIPOC), and LGBT+ and non-binary candidates. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet our essential selection criteria (see person profile).
Our roles are open to discussion about flexible working. While our team is office based, home working is part of our culture. For part-time working and job-shares, please get in touch with us for a conversation about possibilities for this particular role.
How to apply
We work with Applied, an online recruitment platform designed to allow teams to measure candidates on what actually matters. Rather than relying on CVs and cover letters, Applied allows you to demonstrate your skills and abilities through competency-based questions which are blind- reviewed by our team to avoid personal bias.
For more information and to apply, please follow the link – https://app.beapplied.com/apply/nma6py11tz
If you have any questions or need support with your application, please email us using [email protected]