FHI 360/Philippines (www.fhi360.org) is looking for Technical Consultant to perform a short-term work engagement for USAID-funded “The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC)” project in the Philippines.
EpiC has received funding to support the countries to receive, set up, and use ventilators in 13 countries (Egypt, El Salvador, Fiji, Honduras, Indonesia, Kiribati, Maldives, Nauru, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Philippines, Sri Lanka).
The broad categories of support include: 1) conduct rapid facility assessments to inform ventilator placement and capacity strengthening needs; 2) conduct training and capacity strengthening on ventilator use (installation, maintenance, and appropriate use); and 3) support ongoing technical assistance on ventilator use.
The consultant will assist EpiC project in Philippines to provide technical assistance (TA) to facilities receiving donated ventilators and the Department of Health to adopt a supply chain management approach that will increase the capacity of health system actors to accurately identify consumable commodities required to safely and effectively operate the donated mechanical ventilators, e.g., filers, circuits, hoses, etc.; forecast the quantities required by facilities; estimate consumables costs; plan for commodity procurement; plan for storage and fulfillment; and manage inventory at facility level. The Consultant will provide support to the Department of Health at the national, regional, Local Government Units (LGUs) and recipient facilities.
Scope of Work: The consultant(s) selected will complete tasks similar, but not limited, to the following:**
· Validate assessment on the health system’s supply and procurement processes in different levels (DOH-National, Regional-DOH, Local Government Units (including the recipient hospitals) and recommend improvements.**
· Adapt, improve or develop available resources, tools, and job aids in consultation with EpiC’s Technical and Program Management Backstops in coordination with Department of Health-Procurement and Supply Chain Management Team (DOH-PSMT) and LGUs that will support and enhance ventilator commodity supply chain management
· Deliver training and technical assistance to participating health facilities. This will include targeted trainings (remote and/or virtual) on the facility level commodity quantification tool for ventilator end-users and supply and procurement staff; developed by UCSF or other available forecasting tools
· Contribute to provision of remote support for health care providers, biomedical engineers, and logistics.
· Administer technical inputs from local stakeholders, including ventilator manufacturer representatives and medical supply providers, on assessments, deployment, and management of technical assistance
· Coordinate among members of the EPIC Team (Technical consultants, M and E, and Knowledge Management Unit and Admin support to ensure that reports are completed, validated and submitted on time.
· Participate in mission calls and documentation of all the minutes of meeting and coordination with project team issues and concerns with the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
· Perform tasks that may be assigned.
· Report on the review of assessment/evaluation report and recommended improvements or revisions.
· Progress report on training and technical assistance to facilities.
· Minutes of Mission calls.
· Reports or other deliverables required of the assigned tasks
Location of Work
· Consultant(s) will be expected to provide Physical (if situation permits) and remote technical assistance with possible travel to assigned locations when conditions allow to do so safely.
Duration of the Assignment
· Four months with variable Level of Effort per month
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in management of medical supply chain, logistics, procurement, etc.
· Must be fluent in English (both verbal and written)
· Experience writing and/or contributing to technical reports
How to apply
Send letter of intent and updated CV/resume in single pdf file to [email protected] on or before 29 March 2021. Please indicate the name of position applied for in the subject line following this heading format: FHI360- EpiC Vent-Position Applied For-Last Name of Applicant (Example: FHI360-EpiC Vent- Consultant-Cruz). Shortlisted candidates will be notified for the next screening process.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.