Technical Manager, Rule of Law
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is seeking a Technical Manager who will be based in MSI’s Arlington, Virginia headquarters office and will work together with staff in the U.S. and in overseas offices. The TM will provide leadership in the rule of law and governance for all MSI projects and future proposals. The successful candidate will supervise activities and ensure that we are responsive to our clients requests and our deliverables. Management responsibilities will include organizing work assignments, ensuring quality control, communicating with partner organizations, and responding to client needs. Business development responsibilities will include participating in bid/no-bid decisions, contributing to technical proposals, and supporting the recruitment of staff and consultants. The TM will report to the Practice Lead and be filled commensurate on experience.
**Please note: U.S. work authorization is required for this position.
- As a member of one or multiple Project Team/s, the TM provides technical support and oversight from the home office on all technical issues impacting project design, development and implementation, in consultation and coordination with the Chief of Party (COP).
- Provide technical input on the financial and operational requirements of the project, including the design and management of the budget as it relates to technical implementation, burn rates, contract/grant reviews, risk management, and corporate level issues that may arise in the project, in consultation with the Project Team and Operations leadership
- Contributes to and oversees client reporting requirements.
- Conduct regular field visits to projects to provide technical expertise, as needed, attend high profile events, meet with project staff and local partners, and establish direct relations with key donors including USAID and others, as part of overall technical management and oversight.
- Contribute to potential business development pursuits to effectively position and prepare MSI for anticipated bid solicitations.
- Serve as a technical writer on project bid solicitations within the peace and stability practice and ensure effective coordination with MSI’s Business Development unit during the proposal preparation process.
- Conduct field-based reconnaissance, recruitment and research in support of proposal preparation in the subject country, as needed.
- Provide technical expertise and oversight in the design, development, drafting and review of project proposals.
- Provide mentorship, management and oversight to mid-level technical staff in designated proposal development tasks and assignments.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in law, criminal justice, public administration, international development, or related area; master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of technical relevant experience in a national or international education setting, 13 years of experience preferred
- Experience providing support to the design and implementation of cutting-edge approaches in governance and rule of law
- Demonstrated success in supporting winning new work, including the ability support technical writing for strategic company bids within key rule of law and governance technical areas
- Ability to work with diverse teams of technical directors, managers, and associates, along with project managers
- Strong writing, analytical, speaking, and communication ability in English; skills in second language highly desirable
- Ability to travel when required
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected] with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
How to apply
Apply Here https://www.click2apply.net/QlMbGMF1BWRJUQalfoaDo