Work to be performed:
To assist the Integrated Service Delivery Unit (ISD) in the Department of Noncommunicable Diseases (NCD) in its activities for improving access to NCD medicines and health products for NCD prevention and control services. Working in collaboration with the access to Medicines and Health Products team:
- Support priority ISD countries to improve access to NCD medicines and health products
- Support and assist in developing risk mitigation strategies to remedy the disruptions as outlined by ISD assessments
- Support the private sector dialogues with the pharmaceutical and health technology industry for commitments and contributions, including the development of a reporting mechanisms for the registering of these contributions. (Diabetes Themed)
- Support on-going work analysis and mapping for pooled procurement of NCD medicines and health products
Support the development of cold chain integration for temperature sensitive products into immunization supply chains**
- Postgraduate qualification and experience in access policies, reforms or pooled procurement for medicines
- Experience in Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Experience in UN, development agencies or international NGOs.
Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate credibly within peer community.
- Knowledge of public health, practises, programmatic implementation and related subject.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent knowledge of English and French.
How to apply
Contractual Arrangement: INDIVIDUAL Consultancy**
Proposed Start Date: 10-May-2021
Schedule: Full time consultancy for duration of six months
Location: Home based
Application closing date: 8 April-2021
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.