The consultant will produce the following deliverables:
i. Design and deliver a safeguarding assessment and support plan for the target Higher Education, TVET institutions, 3 Vocational Rehabilitation Centres (VRCs) and key private sector stakeholders targeted by Skills for Prosperity Kenya (S4PKe).
ii. Develop a detailed capacity development plan to address the identified safeguarding gaps to inform the implementation of the S4PKe Programme.
iii. Design customised safeguarding training modules that are specific to all the key target stakeholders of S4PKe including the TVET and HE ecosystem, VRCs and private and public sector stakeholders
iv. Conduct training needs assessment and analysis for all the trainings target audiences to inform content delivery.
v. Deliver customised safeguarding TOT modules to TVET, Higher Education, 3 VRC, KTTC, partner workplaces
vi. Develop and deliver to LC training reports after each training
The Consultant shall undertake an assessment of the Safeguarding knowledge gaps and operational processes in the key target stakeholders of S4Pke including the TVET,VRC and HE ecosystem, KTTC and private sector stakeholders and propose a participatory development of a suitable safeguarding framework geared towards addressing the identified gaps in policy and practice for the institution’s beneficiaries, staff, associates and partners.
The assignment will prioritise and seek to produce a clearly presented analysis of the status of safeguarding with data to support strategies and interventions mainly targeted towards partner HE, TVET and VRC institutions, Kenya Technical Trainers College (KTTC) and partner workplaces in the S4PKe program.
The assessment shall take into consideration Leonard Cheshire’s (LC) safeguarding framework and its aspirations for those that come into contact and interact with LC programs and process.
Methodology and Approach:
The safeguarding assessment will be guided by the Terms of Reference and will employ a mix of qualitative and quantitative methods to gather data. The consultant will employ qualitative methods to gain information and perspectives from appropriate documents and selected stakeholder groups as defined by the S4PKe programme proposal document. Methods will include but not limited to individual interviews using semi-structured questions, focus group discussions, in-depth review of relevant program documents and reports and observations.
The approach adopted for the assignment shall include:
- Develop and present a work plan outlining the tasks and timelines due to accomplish the task.
- Review and map out the existing policies, guidelines and initiatives on safeguarding marginalized youth, persons with disabilities and women and girls and their gaps in the HE, TVET, VRCs and Technical Teacher training ecosystem.
Assessment of policy framework, regulations, and practices
- Review existing Ministry of Education Science and Technology and Ministry of Labor and Social Protection and target institutions’ policies, regulations, practices, and their enforcement in relation to safeguarding in institutions of Higher Education, Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) ecosystem and Vocational Rehabilitation Centers.
- Identify existing gaps in the policies, regulations, practices, and their implementation and provide the necessary recommendations.
Data analysis and reporting
In essence, the data analysis and report will achieve the following objectives:
- Establish the level of investment in safeguarding and the availability of models in support of safeguarding vulnerable youth, girls and young women and persons with disabilities in HE, TVET and VRCs.
- Establish the role of government, institutional administration, and private sector actors in safeguarding marginalized youth, persons with disabilities and women and girls within the TVET and VRC ecosystem and the workplace.
- Develop tailor-made strategies and interventions for the S4PKe programme for initiating discussions with government, HE, TVET and VRC institutions and private sector workplace in realizing safeguarding.
- Develop an analysis report that integrates the policy ,responsibilities, preventative, responsive and referral measures for consideration at the S4Pke programme implementation stage that ensure that no young people, women and persons with disabilities are subject to any form of harm as a result of their association with programme.
Capacity Development Planning
- Develop a detailed capacity development plan to address the identified safeguarding gaps to inform the implementation of the S4PKe Programme
- Design and deliver customised safeguarding training modules that are specific to all the key target stakeholders of S4Pke including the TVET and HE ecosystem, VRCs and private and public sector stakeholders such as employers and KTTC.
How to apply
Please submit an Expression of Interest which should include the following:
· A detailed technical proposal including:
- Description of how your skills and experience match the TOR requirements,
- Your understanding of the assignment
- Proposed methodology and work plan
A financial proposal: Should include a detailed budget in Kenya Shillings
Your CV, including track-record of recent projects, references of at least three (3) recent
Please respond with your Expression of Interest to: Marjorie.Okora@leonardcheshire.org by COB 26th March 2021.
Contract: Contractual obligations will be defined through a standard consultancy agreement, outlining deliverables, timelines, payments, and stating that the intellectual property will belong to Leonard Cheshire.