General Description of the Program
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
General Description of the Role
Under the direction of GOAL performs interpreting / transliterating services of oral and/or written communications between English and Turkish in a variety of settings; and performs other duties including office administration tasks as required.
- Provide interpreting / transliterating services for meetings, interviews, telephone calls, etc. including one to one and group settings.
- Translates orally or in written form all documents presented by staff, and other individuals.
- Prepare written translations of instructional, policy and educational materials, correspondence, and forms from one language to another when appropriate for use by the staff, and other individuals.
- Review translated material for accuracy of meaning, grammar and syntax.
- Relay concepts and ideas between languages.
- Convert written materials from one language into another, such as books, web pages.
- Create a new text in the target language that reproduces the content and style of the original.
- Receive and submit assignments electronically.
- Use dictionaries and glossaries for reference.
- General office administration tasks specifically Human Resources
- Any other duties as required
- Languages required for this post are English and Turkish
- A Bachelors university degree or equivalent qualification in English, Turkish, linguistics, interpretation or related fields.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Turkish, knowledge of Arabic an advantage
- Ability to maintain an adequate speed and volume of output.
- Ability to perform under continuous stress and deliver complete and accurate translation of a broad range of subjects.
- Good computer skills.
- High standards of accuracy, consistency and faithfulness to the spirit, style and nuances of the original text.
- Excellent teamwork and inter-personnel skills
- IT literate
- Report/proposal writing skills
- Very enthusiastic and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the programme
Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please inform [email protected] with the details immediately.
GOAL’ün, işe alım sürecinin (başvuru, başvuruların işlenmesi, mülakat, eğitim, oryantasyon) hiç bir aşamasında hiç bir şekilde ücret talep etmediğini, başvuru sahibine herhangi bir finansal yükümlülük yüklemediğini ya da başvuru sahibine ait banka bilgilerini talep etmediğini unutmayınız. GOAL işe alım süreci boyunca hiç bir aracı kurum ya da kuruluş yahut istihdam bürosuyla çalışmamaktadır. Eğer başvuru sırasında ya da işe alım sürecinin herhangi bir aşamasında sizden herhangi bir ücret ya da ödeme talep edilirse lütfen derhal [email protected] adresine detayları da içeren bir e-posta gönderiniz.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to apply
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is 3 April 2021.