NORC at the University of Chicago is one of the largest and most highly respected social research organizations pursuing high quality social science research both in the U.S. and internationally.
NORC is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration for the anticipated USAID Philippines, Pacific Islands and Mongolia Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity (PIMMELA). The Director of Finance and Administration will work full-time over a 3-year period based in Manila, Philippines (with potential 4th option year). The PIMMELA aims to work collaboratively with the Mission’s staff and its implementing partners (IPs) to provide fast, flexible, robust and rigorous monitoring, evaluation and related support; and support assistance for USAID programmatic objectives as needed for capacity building. Specifically PIMMELA will assist USAID in performance management data collection, reporting and analysis; third party monitoring and verification; evaluation and research; and collaboration, learning and adaptive (CLA). All individuals should have strong English reading and writing skills. Philippines citizens are strongly encouraged to apply. This full-time position is contingent on funding.
- Ensuring the integrity and usefulness of NORC’s financial systems in Philippines, Pacific Islands and Mongolia;
- Facilitating NORC’s internal administrative operations;
- Ensuring that NORC meets USAID/ Philippines, Pacific Islands and Mongolia programmatic, financial and other reporting requirements; and
- Delivering the logistical and other services required of NORC and USAID under the program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field, or a Certified Public or Chartered Accounting qualification;
- Minimum of 9 years of financial management experience, with increasing roles of responsibility;
- Procurement, contracts management, logistics, and human resource experience on large-scale contracts, preferably USAID funded;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience;
- Familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements; and
- Experience in managing donor funded procurements and sub-awards.
How to apply
If interested, please send your CV to [email protected] with “Philippines MEL Director of Finance and Administration” in the subject line.