NORC at the University of Chicago is one of the largest and most highly respected social research organizations pursuing high quality social science research both in the U.S. and internationally.
NORC is seeking a Monitoring in Non-Permissive Environments (NPEs) Specialist for the anticipated USAID Philippines, Pacific Islands and Mongolia Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity (PIMMELA). The COP will work full-time over a 3-year period based in Manila, Philippines (with potential 4th option year). . The PIMMELA aims to work collaboratively with the Mission’s staff and its implementing partners (IPs) to provide fast, flexible, robust and rigorous monitoring, evaluation and related support; and support assistance for USAID programmatic objectives as needed for capacity building. Specifically PIMMELA will assist USAID in performance management data collection, reporting and analysis; third party monitoring and verification; evaluation and research; and collaboration, learning and adaptive (CLA). All individuals should have strong English reading and writing skills. Philippines citizens are strongly encouraged to apply. This full-time position is contingent on funding.
- Collaborate with USAID staff to determine monitoring priorities for activities that USAID staff are unable to visit due to security visits; and serve as the primary overseer of all monitoring work in NPEs.
- Design and recommend appropriate approaches and methods to fulfill monitoring needs.
- Lead the majority of the third-party monitoring site visits, data collection, data analysis and reporting.
- Work closely with implementing partners who operate in NPEs to strengthen their capacity to effectively collect data.
- A Master’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in statistics, economics, social sciences or related field;
- At least six years of experience in designing, implementing, managing and analyzing the results of development projects. At least three of these years should be in East Asia and the Pacific;
- At least four years of experience in performing monitoring and evaluation duties;
- Excellent adaptive skills – flexibility and risk tolerance; curiosity and creativity; comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty and adaptation;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in Tagalog and Cebuano.
How to apply
If interested, please send your CV to [email protected] with Philippines MELMonitoring in NPE Specialist in the subject line.