NORC at the University of Chicago is one of the largest and most highly respected social research organizations pursuing high quality social science research both in the U.S. and internationally.
NORC is seeking Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Director for the anticipated USAID Philippines, Pacific Islands and Mongolia Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity (PIMMELA). The Senior M&E Director will work full-time over a 3-year period based in Manila, Philippines (with potential 4th option year). The PIMMELA aims to work collaboratively with the Mission’s staff and its implementing partners (IPs) to provide fast, flexible, robust and rigorous monitoring, evaluation and related support; and support assistance for USAID programmatic objectives as needed for capacity building. Specifically PIMMELA will assist USAID in performance management data collection, reporting and analysis; third party monitoring and verification; evaluation and research; and collaboration, learning and adaptive (CLA). All individuals should have strong English reading and writing skills. Philippines citizens are strongly encouraged to apply. This full-time position is contingent on funding.
- Oversee and participate in all monitoring, evaluations, assessments and research throughout the life of the contract including in non-permissive environments (NPE).
- Lead overall design, implementation and management of all activities in Performance Management Data Collection, Reporting and Analysis (Component 1) and Evaluation and Research Services (Component 3)
- Manage third-party monitoring requirements in non-permissive environments (NPE) environments.
- Serve as the principal investigator for the majority of strategic evaluations and research implemented through this Contract.
- Design and develop field data validation plans and appropriate methodologies and instruments, and conduct and/or oversee corresponding data analysis.
- Conduct tests to examine data’s reliability and validity.
- Maintain strong networks with the local M&E community and ensure that all M&E designs and approaches employ rigorous methods and high-quality, state-of-the-art practices.
- Provide oversight in all aspects of implementation of the foregoing activities and management of staff and consultants (regular and contracted).
- Plan and implement dissemination activities for sharing results and findings of monitoring, evaluation, and research activities under the portfolio, including third- party monitoring requirements in NPEs
- Minimum of completed Master’s degree or higher in research methods, statistics, public health, demography, social science research, or a related field.
- At least ten (10) years of demonstrated experience in performance management for international development programming, preferably in developing countries; monitoring and evaluation.
- At least five years solid work experience in the design and implementation of performance tracking systems or monitoring processes of large, complex development activities as team lead.
- At least five years of experience in a supervisory and/or management position that includes providing technical and management oversight to sub-contractors.
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection, management and analysis with a strong statistical background;
- Strong networks with local and international technical experts in learning, monitoring, evaluation, research, economic growth, governance, health, education and environment
- Available to travel throughout the 14 countries to attend to contract implementation tasks as necessary
- Conduct of program and project surveys, assessments, and data analysis, preferably in health, education, economic growth, democracy & governance, or environment sectors;
- Design and tracking of performance management plans of national and international development projects; setting-up and /or strengthening national health information and monitoring systems.
- Thorough technical knowledge and experience in performance and impact evaluation designs, methodologies and practical applications, including baseline data collection methodologies.
- Experience in the design, testing, and deployment of data collection instruments (e.g., questionnaires and interview guides).
- Familiarity with one or more of the following sectors: health, economic growth, education; democracy, rights and governance; environment and energy.
- Familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches and operations, particularly as they relate to evaluations is a plus.
- Project management skills, including management of evaluations and oversight of project and short-term staff and data collection partners.
- Fluency in written and spoken English Level 4/4)
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated and successful work in an intercultural team environment in a development context.
- Previous experience serving as evaluation team leader or deputy is highly desirable.
- Some years of experience in Asia are desirable.
Communication and Public Relations Skills:
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Excellent demonstrated ability to effectively interact with local professionals, international donors, host country government counterparts, and other implementing partners.
How to apply
If interested, please send your CV to [email protected] with Senior Philippines M&E Advisor in the subject line.