Workforce Development Lead
Chief of Party
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF)
For thirty years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfnet.org.
IYF seeks a Workforce Development Lead who will provide technical leadership and guidance for an anticipated USAID-funded workforce development activity in Armenia that will seek to reduce the gap between the skills of the workforce and the needs of employers and to increase opportunities for youth and women to participate in the formal labor market. This position requires strong project management and coordination skills, technical knowledge, and extensive experience cultivating and establishing partnerships with key stakeholders, including implementing partners and funders.
Armenian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Hiring for this position will be contingent upon funding from USAID.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITES
Contribute to the project’s overarching vision in collaboration with the Chief of Party and project partners, to ensure achievement of project results.
Work with partners to conduct market assessments, and identify skills gaps and employment opportunities.
Assess capacity of local organizations to provide training and services.
Work with local organizations to develop and implement capacity strengthening plans.
Support development of interventions that are gender sensitive/transformative, align with positive youth development, and are participatory.
Assist partners to develop private sector engagement plans.
· Functional: In collaboration with project leadership, contribute to the development of project work-plans and annual implementation plans that are consistent with project goals and objectives.
· Reporting: Contribute to the development and timely submission of written reports, including funder reports and oral presentations on the project. Prepare periodic update reports on project successes, challenges facing the project, and progress toward meeting deliverables.
· Learning: Work with project leadership to support continuous project learning and ensure integration of measurement, evaluation, and research into management decision-making.**
· Supervisory: Directly supervise project staff as assigned, and provide ongoing support through coaching, performance evaluations, and feedback for achievement of annual project objectives and goals.**
· Perform other duties as requested.**
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree required; a graduate degree in a relevant field such as education, international development, business, or non-profit management highly preferred.
· Minimum of seven years of relevant experience supporting projects focused on youth services, economic empowerment, and/or private sector development.
· Strong understanding of the economic, educational, and youth contexts in Armenia, with a deep national network of relevant contacts across government, industry, and civil society.
· Technical leadership experience on youth development projects funded by USAID and/or other funders.
· Strong understanding of best practices in youth programming, including Positive Youth Development, and familiarity with USAID’s Youth in Development Policy.
· Experience cultivating relationships and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders including youth, government ministries and officials, NGOs, donors, the private sector, and community-based institutions, preferably in Armenia.
· Experience working collaboratively with teams from diverse backgrounds.
· Fluency in Armenian and professional proficiency in both spoken and written English required.
· Ability to live and work in Armenia without organizational sponsorship.
· Ability to travel to project sites in Armenia up to 40% of the time.
How to apply
Please submit your CV in English via email to [email protected] with “Workforce Development Lead” in the subject line. To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Armenia; this position is a local hire position in Armenia. Applications will be reviewed as received.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Workforce Development Lead At International Youth Foundation