Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘leave no one behind’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The Volunteer Services Centre (VSC) is the centre of excellence that provides HR services to more than 12,000 UN Volunteers serving agencies, funds and programmes across the UN system. VSC is responsible for providing timely and high-quality services in
- Talent acquisition cycle (from sourcing to recruitment)
- HR administration cycle (from hire to separation)
- Payroll administration
- Related guidance, customized packages and support for volunteers and UN entities globally
VSC works in close collaboration with other relevant sections at headquarters, as well as with Regional Offices and Field Units to ensure seamless and consolidated services in accordance with UN Volunteers Conditions of Service, regulations and rules, policies and internal best practices.
- Provide regional deployment services in adherence to established UNV practices, regulations and policies;
- Engage in deployment activities and coordinate with third parties as needed to support timely volunteer deployment, as per corporate key performance indicators;
- Check documents, obtain relevant clearances and confirm Entry on Duty for selected candidates;
- Issue offers and contracts, as per established standards;
- Process pre-departure entitlements;
- Implement agreed standard communications and processes related to UN Volunteer deployment;
- Alert supervisor about deficiencies or risks and liaise with Regional Offices and Field Units on exceptional situations and provide guidance on applicable regulations, rules and policies to ensure full compliance with accountability framework;
- Record actions and data in the volunteer management systems.
2. Volunteer Deployment Coordination and technical support
- Keep relevant parties updated on status of deployment and negotiate adjustments when required;
- Facilitate timely resolution of queries related to volunteer deployment;
- Compile deployment specificities of countries in the portfolio to facilitate fast and smooth deployment of UN Volunteers;
- Identify shortfalls (clearances, visas, etc.) in UNV’s deployment for specific countries, regions and profiles and support deployment efforts to satisfy specific partner demand;
- Liaise with other team members in the VSC, the Regional Office and Field Units to keep abreast of evolving demand for UN Volunteer deployment in the region;
- Represent the organization, collaborate, and advise, as necessary, external parties on deployment-related matters.
3. Facilitation of knowledge building and sharing
- Provide input to the design of training materials and corporate activities towards building the deployment capacity of UNV personnel;
- Synthetize lessons learned in UN Volunteer deployment with the aim to improve VSC timeliness and quality delivery;
- Make contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Provide input on deployment policies, systems and processes for the purpose of continuous improvement;
- Serve on a rotational basis as a focal point for VSC on various topics;
- Perform other administrative duties as may be required.
- Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility
- Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination
- Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner
- Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion
- Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
- Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need.
Digital Awareness and Literacy
- Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skillfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed.
Customer satisfaction/ client management
- Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs;
- Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy;
- Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests;
- Ability to anticipate clients’ upcoming needs and concerns.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience;
- Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
- Secondary education with technical training in human resources, business administration or related areas;
- University degree in human resources, business, or public administration, or related areas is desirable but is not a requirement.
- Minimum of 6 years (with high school diploma) or 3 years (with bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience in personnel and/or business management;
- Experience in MS Office 365;
- Experience working in web-based management/CRM systems would be an asset;
- Experience working with Salesforce Service Cloud would be an asset;
- Experience in an international or non-profit context would be an asset;
- Experience working with volunteers would be an asset;
- Fluency in English and Spanish;
- Proficiency in another official UN language and/or other dominant language in the region would be an asset.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted;
- The successful candidate will hold a UNDP letter of appointment;
- This post is for local recruitment only. It is open to citizens of Colombia.