When applying, please submit a cover letter, CV and portfolio.
The HIV Prevention Trials Network (HPTN) is a worldwide collaborative clinical trials network that develops and tests the safety and efficacy of interventions designed to prevent the transmission of HIV (www.hptn.org). HPTN 096 is a research study that seeks to stop HIV in Black gay and bisexual men in the southern US. The study’s intervention is made up of four components that form an integrated strategy that includes reducing stigma, providing peer support, increasing health equity and using social media to encourage HIV testing, the use of pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) to prevent HIV and engagement in care for those living with HIV (www.hptn096.org).
We seek a full-time Social Media Manager to develop, lead and implement a robust social media strategy that is an integral part of the HPTN 096 study intervention. The primary responsibilities of the position are to 1) provide strategic direction and oversight for social media content designed to engage Black, southern, gay and bisexual men on the topics of HIV, sexual health and wellness, 2) identify, hire and direct the work of graphic designers, videographers, photographers and talent (models, actors, social media influencers) to create content for the study’s social media campaigns, 3) work closely with internal staff and external consultants and partners to ensure a constant supply of social media content for the study intervention consistent with the social media strategy, and 4) stay current on the latest social media trends and tactics to increase awareness, engagement and results for the study’s social media intervention component.
- Develops and implements a social media strategy designed to engage Black gay and bisexual men in the southern US on the topics of HIV, sexual health and wellness in compliance with the HPTN 096 social media strategy guidance document.
- Leads strategic planning, content creation and day-to-day management of all social media activities. This will include traveling to the five study communities (Dallas, TX; Montgomery, AL; Ft. Lauderdale, FL; Atlanta, GA; Memphis, TN).
- Provides strategic direction on the latest social media trends and tactics to increase awareness, engagement and results of social media campaigns and activities.
- Writes and revises the study’s social media strategy document that guides the implementation of the study’s social media strategy.
- Creates and executes social media strategic and tactical plans to support the study’s social media goals.
- Develops and grows an online presence with strategies and tactics that can effectively engage the study population and increase brand awareness for HPTN 096.
- Identifies and analyzes target audience segments to tailor content that addresses their specific needs and interests.
- Works with the Social Media Content and Data Specialist to develop evaluation plans to measure and monitor social media through analytics platforms. Analyzes data to suggest recommendations for strengthening campaign results.
- Establishes key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of social media campaigns and tracks progress towards goals.
- Facilitates review of social media content, ensuring final approval for all content prior to dissemination.
- Leads digital/social media calls, meetings and presentations with both internal staff and external team members, partners, funders and consultants.
- Creates presentations to illustrate the strategic thinking behind social media plans, tactics and activities.
- Uses native and third-party tools to successfully evaluate social media campaigns (e.g., Hootsuite).
- Provides input on budget allocations for social media activities.
- Works closely with internal staff on website development, testing, and design related to the study’s social media strategy.
- Maintains knowledge of the latest changes and trends to social tools, applications, channels, design and strategy. Uses this knowledge to inform social media strategy and tactics.
- Serves as a member of the HPTN 096 social media core working group to brainstorm and develop a social media strategy, social media content and engagement plans for the study intervention.
- Develops and provides social media training for internal staff and external team members, partners and consultants to increase social media capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in Communications, Social Media/Digital Media, Public Relations, Journalism or related field.
- 5 – 8 years of experience developing, leading, implementing and assessing effective social media strategies and campaigns (preference toward behavior change, health communication and public health campaigns over marketing/sales).
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with internal staff and external team members, partners, funders and consultants.
- Experience creating and disseminating social media content to engage Black gay and bisexual men a plus.
- Comprehensive and advanced experience in developing, writing and executing social media strategies and campaigns.
- In-depth knowledge of the social media landscape including working knowledge of social media platforms, content creation, analytical tools and other social media tools.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Strong knowledge of online community building and management.
- Ability to influence, motivate and collaborate with others.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage projects effectively to accomplish goals.
- Strong communication skills and must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at a computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift or move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Equipment: FHI 360-provided laptop, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phone.
- Software: Microsoft Office (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.)
- Social Media Platforms and Engagement Tools: Meta, X, YouTube, Hootsuite, etc.
- Up to 25%
The expected hiring salary range for this role is listed below. FHI 360 pay ranges represent national averages that vary by geographic location. When determining an offer amount, FHI 360 factors in multiple considerations, including but not limited to: relevant years of experience and education possessed by the applicant, internal equity, business sector, and budget.
Base salary is only one component of our offer. FHI 360 contributes 12% of monthly base pay to a money purchase pension plan account. Additionally, all US based staff working full-time, which is calculated at 40 hours/week, receive 18 days of paid vacation per year, 12 sick days per year, and 11 holidays per year. Paid time off is reduced pro rata for employees working less than a full-time schedule.
Hiring Salary Range: $85,000 – $110,000
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employerwhereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding:FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 will never ask you for your career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process. If you have questions or concerns about correspondence from us, please email [email protected].
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.